"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Today is Done...

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008

OK, so it's shortly after 7:30pm and there are, literally, hundreds of things I should do. But I'm drained. When Caelan doesn't nap I end up tired, too.

The girls and I did make some yummy truffles this afternoon...

They were very good helpers. First they unwrapped the chocolate to melt...

Making Truffles Collage 1


And after I mixed the melted chocolate and cream cheese they handled clean up...

Truffles Collage 2

Yes, I made my 4-year-old wear a bib. It didn't stay clean...

After waiting for the mixture to chill it was time to roll the chocolaty goodness into balls...

Truffles Collage 3

A few required some re-shaping...

And after I melted more chocolate it was time to dip & decorate...

Truffles Collage 4


VoilĂ ! Beautiful truffles, ready for Saturday...

Truffles


I let the girls each save one for after dinner and I fully planned to take a photo of them enjoying the fruits of their labors. But the truffles seemed to disappear before I could get the camera focused. I guess they were good...

And now I am going to disappear for the night. I'm going to remake my bed and put on my electric mattress cover (warm... so warm...) and then I'm going to watch a movie and go to bed. I'm beat.

2 comments:

Anonymous 12:35 AM  

Those look yummy! It's fun baking with kids, they get so involved in it and are so proud of the finished bake goods!

The Fritz Facts 6:32 AM  

Those look really yummy. Are you putting that one on FFF?
Until last year Boo had to wear a bib when cooking, the aprons were WAY to big for her. Now she has her own apron, hopefully it will work just as well.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP