"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

What Am I If Not Mom?

>> Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today was book study day at Mom's Group. We alternate on a weekly basis. One week it's a planned activity (regional airport last week, Art Center next week) and book/Bible study the next. Right now we are reading "Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman. It's a heart-oriented look at discipline and I must admit that it is really making me look at how I correct the girls' behavior and things that I can do differently.

During our discussion today I mentioned that it will stop Brenna in her tracks if Doug says something like, "this is my wife" or calls me by my name. Because to Brenna and Caelan I am "Mommy". And quite often that is how I think of myself. It is very easy to forget that I am not "Brenna's Mom" or "Doug's Wife" but I am Jody, individual.

Then I heard that new legislation in California could be used to ban the words "mom" and "dad" from public schools. Yep, seems that it is discriminatory against "partner 1" and "partner 2" in same sex relationships.

Here's a link to the bill itself. Now, I read through the bill and I have to say...

What a load of crap. The "re-defining" of words by our politicians is getting out of control. Here are actual sections of the bill (my additions are in blue)


Section 212 has been repealed. Here is what Section 212 said: 212. "Sex" means
the biological condition or quality of being a male or female human being. So,
what does "sex" mean now? Apparently we are now all androgynous as being born
with female or male genetalia does not, actually, make you male or female.

Oh, wait, this was added to "clear things up": SEC. 9. Section 212.6 is
added to the Education Code, to read: 212.6. "Sexual orientation" means
heterosexuality, homosexuality,or bisexuality.

Or maybe this one:
66260.7. "Gender" means sex, and includes a person's gender
identity and
gender related appearance and behavior whether or not stereotypically associated
with the person's assigned sex at birth.


Hello, people, this is what our politicians are doing. Forget national security. Forget the huge national debt. This is the stuff that they worry about.

This and passing judgement against a country that didn't exist 100 years ago for atrocities that were committed by an empire that is no longer in existence.

Yep, that's what we pay 'em the big bucks, exceptional health coverage and phenominal retirement plans for. To pass judgement on something that happened before any of them were alive.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP