"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Birthdays, Birthdays and More Birthdays

>> Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I will be spending the next two days making desserts. One batch of Black Bottomed Coconut Bars- sure to be featured in an upcoming Fab Food Friday post, a Jello Poke Cake (sans girlie)- which I did a while back, another Princess Castle cake- hopefully improved from last time, and a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake- which I showed to you but never shared the recipe (note to self: share the recipe).

Why so many caloric goodies? Because we have birthday parties Friday night and Saturday afternoon and our Lighthouse (small group from church) meets Thursday night and I am in charge of dessert.

Friday evening we will be celebrating my SIL Amanda's birthday and Doug's birthday. Saturday we have Doug's extended family coming over to celebrate all September and October birthdays. So in addition to all the desserts I will also be making enough food to feed a small army. I have decided on something easy- sloppy joes, something impressive- dijon scalloped potatoes, and something traditional- green bean casserole. All to be supplemented by Mediterranean Marinated Cheese -another FFF recipe, a cheeseball and tortilla chips with salsa (as per Doug's request).

I think I need a drink. Just thinking about the next few days... Ugh. I knew I should have bought alcohol when I was at the store today...

2 comments:

Jill 10:21 PM  

You do need a drink! We call it booze-ahol at our house.

*carrie* 2:02 PM  

Jody,

Hope all these parties go smoothly and that you can crash after they're done!

Thanks for the tip on DVD players--I'm going to WM tomorrow to check them out.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP