"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Hey, You're in People"

>> Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I've been hearing that in the past couple of weeks.

Or the variation which is "I saw your name and thought, "How many Jody Halsteds can there be?"

Yes, that interview I did with People Magazine has finally made itself known to me. If you have the issue with Madeline McCann on the cover dated Septemver 24, 2007 check out page 238. (Yes, 238! Holy cow, when did People Magazine get so thick?!)

And there I am- the first paragraph:

"Got Fred?," read one poster in the Des Moines convention center, where Jody
(last name removed), 36, juggling a sippy cup and two toddlers, was ready to take the
measure of the latest candidate to sweep through the Iowa capital. "I want
to know what he is like, what he has to say, as opposed to what you see him
playing on TV".


Yep, that's it. I have been reduced to a sippy-cup toddler-toting Iowan. I do have to say, though, that I am the only person mentioned or quoted in that article other than Fred and his family.

I guess I'm in good company.

6 comments:

Marie 2:22 PM  

That is so cool!!!

Tamara B 4:51 PM  

awesome.

BTW, I got my gift. How fun. I can't wait to take pics. Almost bought outfits on Friday but Targ*et's selection was crap!

cchuff 6:36 PM  

Wow - my daughter in People.

Jill 7:31 PM  

Cool...I do have that issue here, but haven't read it yet. I'll go check it out.

Unknown 8:26 PM  

Ohhhhh...you're famous.

Fantastagirl 9:55 PM  

wow so famous...can we have your autograph?

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP