"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Meritt May Not Like It Here...

>> Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Des Moines is one of Kiplinger's Top 5 Best Cities for Married With Kids

Yep, it's true.

To be honest I always said that I would never move back to Iowa. Never say never. And, honestly, I don't regret it. My family is all here, the suburb we live in is nice with great schools and low crime.

Sure, I wish we had more live performance theaters, a bigger zoo and more bike trails (honestly, Minneapolis/St. Paul spoiled me for those) but otherwise I can get and do almost anything my little heart desires.

And, besides, if I had IKEA and H&M here I would have no excuse for a weekend in the Cities.

1 comments:

Me 8:03 AM  

Meritt would be ok with it if;

She had been TOLD that she would be living here longer than 9-18 months.

We didn't come here with a new job, in a new company and with a HUGE pay cut therefore forcing us to downsize to a house 1500 square feet smaller than the last.

She lived in a different home (without having to go through the hassle of selling the current one).

She had chosen that 4 acre home in _____ or the 2 acre home in ______ in the first place instead of thinking they were too far away from the city. (Kicking myself).

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP