"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fab Food Friday

>> Thursday, May 03, 2007

Fun For Kids Edition

Brenna has hijacked FFF this week to show you the treats she took to playgroup.

Easy S'more Clusters from the Hershey's website.

Have Mommy buy:
  • 6 (1.55 oz each) Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars, broken in to pieces (how convenient that they sell these in a 6 pack, hmmm?)
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 8 graham crackers, coarsely chopped
  • Mini-muffin cups (we made about 36)

Instructions:

Break candy bars into small pieces, swiping only one small square per bar (to check the quality, of course).


Measure your marshmallows. Be sure to taste test for freshness.

Break graham crackers into small chunks (no need to test any of these as you only need 8 and most packages have 9 crackers and, really, you don't want that poor cracker to be left all alone in that package, do you?)


You will need to have your mommy melt the chocolate (in the microwave on medium heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until chocolate is melted when mixture is stirred).

Then you dump in the marshmallows...


And the graham crackers...


And stir. A lot. Mom said she "folded" it. But I didn't see any laundry so I think the chocolate may have gone to her head.


When everything is covered in chocolate spoon it into mini-muffin cups. Mommy says not to eat off the spoon. I did. A couple of times. And got more spoons. I think it worked in my favor.

When all the cups are filled have your mommy put the goodies into the refrigerator while you do the necessary clean-up.


Ta Da! The finished product. I know, I know, it looks like I toiled all day in the kitchen. Maybe if show Daddy and act exhausted he will take me out for dinner. (It works for Mommy.)

5 comments:

Marie 7:41 AM  

Mmmmmm!!!

Me 7:45 AM  

Awwwwww..... :)

Fantastagirl 9:21 PM  

Brenna you make it look so easy - I think even Tink will have doing this!

Unknown 4:32 PM  

Oooh, these look yummy. I appreciate the detailed directions because I think my son would enjoy making these with me!

Jennifer 6:06 PM  

My goodness Brenna you're getting to be such a big girl!

mmmmmmm Those look WAY too yummy!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP