"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mamma's Got A Brand New Bag

>> Saturday, May 26, 2007

I know at least one person has been waiting out there for me to get on the stick and make the bag that I purchased this fabric for: (Yes, TKW,I mean you)


Well, today I got to finish it! I now have my new-toss-everything-in-and-go bag! And it will truly hold everything. I think it may even hold the new laptop! (Watch for the laptop slip case next!) It's roughly the size of a diaper bag. (Amanda... Did you get that? Can you say "custom diaper bag"?)
I gotta say that I am pretty darn proud of myself for this. Of course I didn't do it alone. No,that's not what I mean. I did sew it alone. But I had help... See, I just can't make that come out right. What I'm trying to say is:

Thanks to Randi who I turn to whenever I need help finding a great pattern. She can find anything. And she's soooo crafty. She even has an online shop: Simple Things. Go visit, say hi.

I also have to thank CreativeLittle Daisy, whose purse tutorial I used. (Thanks again Randi!) Want to make one? Just click "Tutorials"on the right hand side and scroll down. Because if I can do it anyone can.

Interior pocket...
Other interior pocket that has 3 sections so I can be organized!

Yep, I'm pretty darn impressed with myself.

5 comments:

Randi 7:59 PM  

I love the fabrics you used. The bag came out great!

Kelsgarden 11:25 PM  

well, I could comment on how cute the fabric is and all - but I am just going to claim complete blindness and deny ever seeing such cleverness because I might have to feel all guilty and stuff

Me 9:07 AM  

OMG that is soooo cute. And guess what? I bought 4 pieces of fabric yesterday at JoAnn's to make little TOTE PURSES TOO! LOL.

I bet I don't finish mine until the summer of 2010 though. ;)

Unknown 8:32 PM  

Just got back into town and WOWZA!

That is DANG adorable. I do believe that you had your new Signature Baby Shower Gift...you know, the one that you give to everyone...CUTE!

Marie 1:00 PM  

Very nice! Do you know about Etsy? You can sell your wares there... (I'm not crafty, but I've bought crafty stuff from crafters there)

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP