"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Drug Rehab

>> Monday, May 21, 2007

If you’ve been around any amount of time you know that I have many friends who have addiction issues. And you also know that one of my best friends died of a heroin overdose quite recently.

K has been through treatment a couple of times, as has J. E was through multiple programs, including that very famous one in MN that Matthew Perry went to when he was addicted to painkillers. None have worked long term.

I’m not sure why this is… Maybe it is because the people doing the treating have never had to kick such a terrible demon? Recently a new drug rehab has come to my attention. Staffed with former addicts and boasting a 76+% success rate this facility could possibly have succeeded for E where others failed. If it had only come to my attention sooner…

So here’s my little PSA: if you love someone with an addiction don’t let them push you away and don’t give up on them. Help them. This drug rehab would be a good place to start.

3 comments:

Bob 10:12 PM  

Jody, I am assuming that this PPP tag is for some new paid for blogging gig you have. Congratulations on moving to the next level.
I'm a little sad to see this one, I'm not sure why.

Jody 7:34 AM  

Drug addiction is a sad thing- especially when you know so many people who struggle with it. I can't put in to words the pain you feel when you lose someone this way. You always have a "what if" feeling. If this information reaches someone who can make a difference... I really do wish I had it a couple of months ago.

Unknown 11:42 PM  

drug addiction is a sad thing. Now a days many people struggle with drug addiction.If this article reaches drug addictors they can change.
---------------------------
soniya
Problem With Drugs or Alcohol? This Drug Rehab has Helped Thousands of Individuals to Recover.
http://www.drugrehabcenter.com

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP