"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Feel So Random

>> Wednesday, May 09, 2007

And uninteresting. I seriously have next to nothing going on in my life. If it doesn't involve the girls, cleaning something or preparing meals I don't seem to have anything to say.

Speaking of preparing meals I have been working on the menu for a Mother's Day Brunch. When I mentioned that I would like to make a brunch my SIL asked "Why do you want to cook? It's Mother's Day."

My reply? "Because I like to." So the menu is : Creme Horns (homemade- if they turn out nicely I may have to run a couple over to Meritt), Breakfast Bruschetta, Artichoke and Spinach Cheeseball with crackers, Potato Crust Quiche, Cabbage and Apple Slaw with Golden Raisins, all washed down with Mimosas. Mmmmm.....

My youngest brother's birthday is Friday. Another cake is in the works. This time it will be a cheesecake. A Snickers Cheesecake, to be exact.

All of this will give me Fab Food Friday fodder. Speaking of which: how do you guys like that? Do you enjoy the weekly recipe? This week will be another installation of Fun For Kids by Brenna.

Now, to move completely away from the topic of food- I have to see my gyno this afternoon. Blah. It has been 6 months since my last visit. Now that I am "back to normal" after having Caelan I get a full workup. Yippee. Gah!

On a happy note- DSW is having a one day sandal sale. And, since I am a DSW Rewards Card holder I get an extra 250 points if I shop today. Hmmm, up to 50% off sandals and an extra 250 points (which is equal to a $25 gift card). I'm there. This couldn't come at a better time- my favorite sandals broke last Sunday.

4 comments:

Marie 10:01 AM  

I love reading recipes that have been road-tested!

We're going out for Mother's Day brunch. I'm really looking forward to it... I enjoy cooking too, but I want to be waited on on Mother's Day. ;-) Last year we ended up at Applebee's, so this year I planned ahead & made reservations at a neat little out of the way place recommended by a friend.

Happy sandal shopping!

Me 2:41 PM  

??????? Have you been reading my Recipe Blog ??????


I made cream horns this week!!!!!

OMG I am sitting here finishing one AS I WRITE THIS.

Fantastagirl 8:41 PM  

I love the Fab Food Friday Fodder... Between you, Meritt, and Blogarita's Kitchen - I may get some different items in this house.

Anita 6:09 AM  

Ok,

I've never heard of Creme Horns so I can't wait to see a pic of those.

I love the food stuff! I'm a bit of a food fantasizer so it's a great way to feel like I'm eating it without really eating it.

And you go with the sandal shopping!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP