"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Our Family is Huge

>> Thursday, May 29, 2008

I come from a family of 4, my mom comes from a family of 5, my dad from a family of 4. I have 12 cousins, and more second cousins than I can think of…

Doug comes from a family of 2, his mother is one of 5 and his dad has only a sister. Yet he has as many cousins as I do and I don’t think I’ve met all his second cousins.

Did I mention that our families are all relatively close knit? We easily celebrate 25 birthdays a year- and send out at least that many cards for birthdays we don’t celebrate.

And then add on all the friends, business acquaintances you want to keep in touch with and bloggy-friends that we don’t “really” know but probably, honestly, know better than we do our relatives…

That’s a lot of cards. So I’m considering purchasing birthday card packs so I can always have a card when I “almost” forget a birthday and need a card right away. Buying in bulk will cost me less and I figure if I find one design a year that I really like- like this one-


I won't repeat a card (it has been known to happen!) and I'll save money and time.

Now if we could just stop the gift exchanges...



2 comments:

The Fritz Facts 10:51 AM  

Wow...that is a lot of family. I am the middle of three, with my younger brother (26) being the youngest grandchild, and there are 128 great grandchildren and beyond! It is NUTS. My dad is the second youngest of 9 (Irish Catholic) so there are tons of family. I haven't seen most of them in years, so I have no idea who most of them are. I still keep in touch with the few I grew up with, but that is 5 out of so many.

Melody 1:25 PM  

I know how you feel about the gift exchanges. My family isn't too bad. It is pretty similar to yours. The breakdown: 5- brothers and sisters 7- nieces and nephews 16- cousins. We aren't that close knit and this isn't counting "step" brothers and sisters.

Hubby however has a much larger family. He also has 5 brothers and sisters and we are up to 10 nieces and nephews all ready but he has somewhere in the range of 35 cousins. (His must also be that Irish Catholic thing. :)

We are constantly doing something with hubby's family. Either birthdays or my favorite this year, WEDDINGS!

That is great you send all those cards. We only give gifts to the nieces and nephews because I don't have that kind of time.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP