"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A Decorating Option I Hadn't Considered

>> Sunday, May 04, 2008

As you head upstairs from the living room the ceiling in my house soars to about 20 feet so the wall is enormous. And bare. I haven’t found anything to put on it. And we’ve lived here over 2 years. I should really get on that…

I’ve been looking at wall clocks as I think a large one would be a nice focal point to work around. I'm not really sure how we would get up there to hang it as you can't really put a ladder on steps...

I found this Seth Thomas Laila wall clock at 1-800-4clocks.com. It's absolutely gorgeous with a terrific antique look and a pendulum- which I hadn't seen in a round wall clock before. And it's an affordable design option, much more so than a painting.

I also found a beautiful Howard Miller oversized wall clock with sconces. Of course I would have to figure out how to light them. But I'm thinking a nice clock in that space and then I can use my wishbalde to make a phrase to put on the wall like this from Brian Tracy:
There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing.
Yep, that might be just what that wall needs...

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP