"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Banished to the Spare Room

>> Friday, May 16, 2008

Caelan continued to run a fever yesterday and Brenna kept hacking like a pack-a-day smoker. We were locked indoors on a day when being indoors was the last place we should be. Not much got done as there was quite a lot of need for cuddling, nose wiping, diaper changing and book reading. I did manage to get a couple of quiches made and one taken to a mom in my church who is suffering debilitating morning sickness.

Other than that quick outing we were stuck in the confines of the house all. day. long. And it was a L O N G day...

So I escaped after dinner to take the dog for a long, long walk. Breathe in, breathe out, ahhh.... So relaxing.

When I got home Doug had the girls in the bathtub so all that was left was to get them to bed. Excellent.

Unfortunately, as is always the case with sick children, one of them didn't remain in her bed. Poor Caelan woke about 2 am, sweaty and irritated. After calming her, giving her Tylenol and applying a cool washcloth to her neck she decided it was time to be awake. Because she hadn't eaten much dinner- and had, in fact, more medicine than food in her belly I thought it might be a good idea to get her to eat.

Not her idea of a good time as her stomache was unsettled- a fact I was made aware of when she vomited a lovely mixture of water and flem. At least it was clear and odorless. I don't know that I could have handled true vomit at 3am.

After watching the moon move lower in the sky, and the eastern sky begin to turn purple, I gave up trying to get Caelan to sleep in her own bed and crawled into bed in the spare room with her.

Where she promptly cuddled next to me and fell asleep on my arm. Which fell asleep shortly after. At least part of my body is rested.

3 comments:

Anonymous 10:03 AM  

Not good... hope they are better by tonight.

The Fritz Facts 11:22 AM  

The poor thing! It is no fun being sick, and it is worse when sleep doesn't come. Hope today is better!!

Jill 1:08 PM  

Whenever I'm holding my sick boy I always think, "This is a long day in a short year"..... Hope she's feeling better soon.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP