"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Just Don't Get It

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

OK, I can understand being rushed in an airport. When we were coming back from Ireland our tickets listed the wrong departure time for our flight from Chicago to Des Moines. Because our flight left both Shannon and Dublin late we were scheduled to land about 10 minutes before our flight was to leave.

There was no way we could get through customs, pick up our luggage, check in for our domestic flight, get through security and get from one end of the airport to the other in that time.

So I told Doug & my mom that I refused to be rushed, we would just have to wait for the next flight. No way was I going to stress us out and literally drag my girls through an airport just to catch a flight. There is always another one...

So you know that I have no idea how a group of four adults can be so crazed about catching a flight and leave a child. They were very, very lucky. And kudos to Air Canada for handling the issue so efficiently.

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts 8:50 AM  

Blows my mind! I am suprised the airline foot the bill for the two flights...

Doug H 9:29 AM  

I am so glad we had the puppy leashes. I want to KNOW where they are, not just think I know.

To finish Jody's story, we made a flight to Des Moines with very minimal wait. The girls were sooooo tired but refused to sleep, until we were landing.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP