"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Me + Quicken = %#$@&(@

>> Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh, yeah, I have spent way too much precious time with my Quicken Deluxe 2008 edition today. And I can't say that I accomplished much.

First I tried to add my PayPal account- because a little pop up told me I could. Excellent! As the bits of income I do make (mystery shopping, PPP & eBay) come in there it would be great to have it upload to Quicken.

Except I couldn't get it to find PayPal as a bank. And if it isn't a bank it can't download. OK, so I see that there is a Quicken update. So I try to update but, for some reason, it can't. Ugh! Honestly, what a big, huge waste of my time.

Of course I couldn't leave it at that... I tried uploading account information from my checking account- only to be told that checking and savings accounts cannot be loaded in the .qif format. What? Why?

Really, it was a lesson in frustration and not much else.

Anyone out there a Quicken genius? Because I honestly just don't get how this is supposed to help me when I have to input everything manually. Grrr...

2 comments:

Me 6:05 PM  

I've just bought the same software, and it's annoying. Far as I can tell, they've now changed formats to .qdf and don't play nicely with .qif anymore. I don't know why the auto updates aren't working yet, I'll keep you posted if I find anything out. For now, it's worked for me to go to the bank's website and hit their "download to quicken" buttons. Given I've got three accounts and two banks I'm dealing with, it's almost as painful as typing it all in by hand, but not quite.

Jody 8:11 PM  

Unfortunately our credit union still has .qif and don't plan to change. My small checking account (because we have ours and I have mine) downloads... But the accounts I really need to work automatically don't. Just annoying. Please do let me know if you figure out any tricks.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP