"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Just Frustrated...

>> Monday, May 19, 2008

OK, I’m just frustrated with myself. I can’t seem to motivate myself to lose weight. I know what I need to do- namely moderate my food intake and exercise more- but I can’t seem to do it. It’s a vicious cycle of frustration and self loathing.

Which isn’t made any easier when faces with the images on television and in magazines. I suppose that if I had a nanny, a cook, a housekeeper and a fitness coach in house I could get my old body back pretty quickly, too.

And when you read the “secrets of the stars” you see all sorts of things, like macrobiotic foods and Colon Cleansing. And then there are all the conflicting reports… It’s good for you… No, it’s bad… Use this product, not that one… Use only for constipation… Detoxify your body… Good research… Bad research… Is the guy really a doctor? Was he paid to be the spokesman? Is this really stuff you should be doing to your body? Is it even realistic? And, if you eat right, should you really have to do that?


Which takes me full circle, doesn’t it? Back to eating right, not eating too much and exercising. Anyone have any tips on how to do that? And not fall off the wagon?

OK, I’ve beaten myself up… Maybe I’ll go to bed early so I can get up and hop on my elliptical bright and early…

3 comments:

Kellyn Fritz 9:47 PM  

I am in the same boat, and it is a rocky one. My husband just laid down the law with me...and it worked. But today is also day 1 of how many more to go.
I recently started actually measuring my food, and that has made me more aware. I still want to eat more, but am working hard to stop when my body tells me. I slow down the eating, taking breaks in between bites. It has helped, but food isn't my biggest enemy, that is soda. That is what I need the most help on.
Good luck, and remember you are not alone!!

The Fritz Facts 9:48 PM  

I am in the same boat, and it is a rocky one. My husband just laid down the law with me...and it worked. But today is also day 1 of how many more to go.
I recently started actually measuring my food, and that has made me more aware. I still want to eat more, but am working hard to stop when my body tells me. I slow down the eating, taking breaks in between bites. It has helped, but food isn't my biggest enemy, that is soda. That is what I need the most help on.
Good luck, and remember you are not alone!!

Jennifer 8:47 PM  

I am with you 100% It's hard. VERY HARD.. I just love food too much.. Even before when I would "watch what I eat", YepI would watch that bag of chips work it's way empty!

I had two kids, my body is shaped different now, and I have no memory of what it USE to look like.

BUT.. I have lost 29lbs since Feb 26th and I never thought it would be this easy. I joined weight watchers. Mind you I had tried it may times before on my own at home, but that never worked for me. I always said " well I'm not REALLY going" or would not count this or that that I shoved into my mouth. Nope, this time I joined and I paid them my money, and that was one thing that helped. I'm PAYING someone to LOOK at my weight every week on a scale that I stand on. They SEE it and WRITE IT DOWN!! I'm determined not to waste my money. I like weight watchers because it's eating properly. I can eat whatever and whenever I want, I'm not taking any supplements, and I'm not doing anything out of my normal daily routine. I don't have to buy their products. I can still go out for dinner, I can do anything I want.I have two kids to take care of, a house to run, along with a million other things, and this works. Why.. because I'm ready. That is what really has to happen. You have to remember you are NOT on a diet. You are living your life. Making healthy choices.

I have a blog about my progress.. I will check to see if I have you on the invite list.

Good luck to you.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP