"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Oh, My Aching Back

>> Friday, September 14, 2007

Tomorrow is Caelan’s First Birthday party. Which meant that today was a busy day for me. I had cakes to bake and assemble into a lovely castle, a house to clean from bottom to top (yes, I clean backwards) and loads of laundry to do… As well as my “normal” mommy duties of child rearing, food preparation, nose wiping, diaper changing, dish washing, floor sweeping, Backyardigans watching, well, you get the picture. I was busy.

When you figure in the stresses of this past week I am sure you can feel how the muscles in my neck tightened and my low back became sore. All I want to do is collapse now that the girls are asleep but I should probably fold that last load of laundry, do a few more dishes and change the bedding in the guest room.

So I did what any multi-tasking mommy would do. I dug out the samples of Freeze It
that I received in the mail the other day and had Doug rub some on my back. Quality time, my friends.




And then back to work I went.

Usually when I have back pain- and I have it quite a bit with two small children to lift- I use those hot/cold patches. Which are ok… But you have to get them on just right and if you move wrong they roll and stick to your clothes. And they aren't really big enough for the low back. Besides, taking them off can be a bit painful. So I am really liking this Freeze It. The application I used was a gel. Doug was able to massage it into my shoulders and back. I was worried that it wouldn’t last or would be greasy but it dried quickly and I can still feel the cooling sensations. I was also worried about the scent of the menthol hanging around but it has faded and I don't smell like a locker room after the medical team has left it.

You can bet I'm gonna get some more of this. I'll pick mine up at Hy-Vee but you can get it at Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid... Practically anyplace you can get that other stuff. I like the gel but I'll probably pick it up in the 3-oz roll on too, just in case Doug isn't here to apply it for me. Did I mention that it costs less? No? My mind must be on the gifts that still need wrapped.






1 comments:

sue 5:06 PM  

With all my aches and pains I spend a goodly portion of my time curled up to my ice pack... this sounds like it might be a great product! Thanks for telling us about it.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP