"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fab Food Friday

>> Friday, September 28, 2007

When I worked in St Paul there was a little Vietnamese restaurant just a couple doors down. I lived on their Spring Rolls. Good, fresh ingredients wrapped in a soft shell. And, best of all, not fried.

I was so sad when they closed. And I could never find an unfried Spring Roll. So when I saw this recipe in October's Fitness magazine I had to try it.

Asian Spring Rolls


8- 8 inch round spring roll wrappers (I found mine at Hy Vee, a local grocery store)
2 cups shredded Bibb lettuce (I used cabbage because I couldn't find Bibb)
8 ounces cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
1 c shredded carrot
1/4 c sliced scallion
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
5 T bottled peanut sauce
2 T seasoned rice vinegar

Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip each spring roll wrapper in water, place between damp paper towels for 10 minutes. Tip: use damp paper towels to separate moist wrappers! In a large bowl combine lettuce, shrimp, carrot, scallion, cilantro, 2 T peanut sauce and 1 T rice vinegar. Toss.

In a small bowl stir together the remaining 3 T peanut sauce and 1 T rice vinegar; set aside.

Place 1/2 c of the shrimp mixture half an inch from the bottom edge of a wrapper. Fold bottome edge of the wrapper over the filling. Fold sides over and roll up. Repeat with remaining wrappers.

Other ideas:
This would be great with chicken!
Sprouts would also be good, I think.

Brenna liked them because they had "dippies"!

1 comments:

Anonymous 4:26 PM  

That looks yummy!!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP