"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

It's A Fake!

>> Monday, September 03, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I like a bargain as much as the next person. But if you are buying a Coach bag for under $100 out of someone's living room you gotta know it's a fake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here in my suburb there is a woman who has a sign outside of her house that says DESIGNER HANDBAGS FOR SALE.

I had driven by that sign many times and had not really considered going in but last Saturday I had a bit of "me time" and figured,"What the hell. I want a new fall bag, I'll check it out."

I had to circle the block to find parking, she was doing a brisk business. Her front room was crammed with bags. Coach, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Dooney & Bourke... The list goes on. All quite obviously fakes. (I could really tell with the Coach bags as I have my share of real ones)

Now, I'm not a snob when it comes to bags. I have some that are real and some that are knock offs. I love a good knock-off, especially if it's a seasonal bag that I may not use for more than one season.

As I am pawing through her bags I overheard her telling people that the bags were real. Now I was getting annoyed. If you know what you are looking for you can tell pretty easily if a bag is real or not- and these weren't. Then I overheard her husband saying how they bags are all shipped flat and she has to shape them. Ummm... No. No way a $400 bag is shipped crumpled. No.Way.Period.

So I spend a bit more time wandering around just so I can hear the absurd things these people are saying. Like how she has "contacts" to get the bags at such good prices and that they are the same bags you will find at the mall.

It took everything I had not to say something as I left. Selling knock-offs is one thing. Lying to people is quite another.

I have a huge desire now to contact Coach and a few of these other companies to let them know. I'm sure it is nothing new to them, but for her to blatantly lie... That really bothers me. What do you think?

Just as a side note: I did buy a new bag. It's a very cute Coach knock-off. It may pretnd to be a Coach bag but it doesn't have the Coach name on it like hers did.

1 comments:

Fantastagirl 6:58 PM  

There is nothing wrong with buying a knock-off, when you know you are buying a knock-off. But to outright lie? That's just wrong.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP