"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Bad News

>> Thursday, September 06, 2007

I had planned to bring you all kinds of fun news about taking the girls to the Fred Thompson speech today in Des Moines. And how I was interviewed by People Magazine, the AP and another organization who listened in to the AP interview. And how Brenna was filmed dancing (so if you see a clip on TV of a cute girl in a bright green outfit dancing at a Fred Thompson speech it's my lovely. Let me know, cuz I'm no where near a TV.)

And the reason I'm not near a TV is because during the speech I received a phone call from my brother. Which I ignored. But when my sister called moments later I knew something was wrong. And I was right.

My dad was at work when a piece of equipment broke loose and landed on his chest. I wanted to use the word "crushed" but that seems a bit extreme. Anyway, he's unconscious and has been since the accident at 12:30. He's on a ventilator and not breathing on his own. The doctors don't really have much to say- it's kind of a "wait and see" thing.

I was just in there and I can't tell you how difficult it is to see someone unconscious but their body moving of it's own accord. His arms are strapped down to keep him from pulling out the tubes.

It may take a couple of days to know what is really going on. Prayers would be so appreciated right now.

7 comments:

Fantastagirl 7:47 PM  

Oh my... I don't know what to say. You have all our good thoughts and prayers.

Hugs.

ghuff 8:23 PM  

Jody, so sorry to hear about Gene, We will be thinking about you and praying right along with everyone else.

Jodi 8:25 PM  

Oh my! I will be praying that he will get better.

(((HUGS)))

Marie 8:52 PM  

Oh my goodness... prayers are absolutely coming your way.

Anonymous 8:58 PM  

Jody,

I was shocked to read of your father. I'm so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I know you will be spending a lot of time with him, but when and if you get a chance to update I know we'd all appreciate it.

We'll be thinking of you and hoping that everything is going okay and a recovery comes quickly.

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar 10:08 PM  

Prayers are definately being sent your way. Take are.

Jill 12:41 PM  

Oh my goodness - I am so sorry. I will be keeping you/your Dad and family in my thoughts and prayers. And reading anxiously for updates.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP