"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Progress?

>> Thursday, August 28, 2008

I really don't feel like I accomplished much today... The afternoon was spent waiting on the window guys who never showed up after they called and told me what time they would arrive. They finally called at 5:30pm and said that the job they were working on ran late so they will be here tomorrow morning.

Nice. Why they couldn't call me at 4 or even 4:30 to tell me that? I could have run out of the house for the cleaning supplies I needed...

It's not like nothing got done... Laundry, dishes, toys picked up and put away, kids fed, rested and bathed. All those things that make me "just" a mom. Why is that not enough accomplishment?

Since I am numb of mind and my body is tired (because my youngest was awakened in the middle of the night by thunder and if she's awake then I am, too) because I didn't exercise this morning (and spent the day trying to "fake" energy with sugar) I want to share this "American Creed" with you. As you read it try to imagine how much stronger of a nation we would be if more people lived by it. (the italics are mine)

An American Creed
~ by Dean Alfange

I do not choose to be a common man
It is my right to be uncommon...
If I can. I seek opportunity... Not security.

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
Humbled and dulled by having the state to dream and build, to
Fail and succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole.
I prefer the challenges of life to the
Guaranteed existence; the thrill of
Fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence
Nor my dignity for a hand out.
I will
Never cower before any master nor bend
to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect,
proud, and unafraid; to think and act for
myself;
enjoy the benefits of my
creations; and to face the world boldly
and say, "This I have done with my own hand,
I am a man. I am an American.

1 comments:

The Fritz Facts 9:04 PM  

I am sorry that the day was not more productive for you. And how rude that they didn't call sooner about the windows. Just poor business choices.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP