"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Looking Forward to Learning

>> Saturday, June 09, 2007

I’ve begun to worry about school for the girls. Yes, I know that we have some time but I think time may be part of the issue.

Our little town isn’t so little anymore. We have become one of the fastest growing suburbs in the country due to all the insurance/banking/tech companies that are moving into Des Moines. With all this growth comes opportunity for people to move up and out of the city. Our schools aren’t growing as quickly as our population which leads to a myriad of problems.

Of course we have a couple of option beyond public schools. We can enroll the girls into the local Christian School (a strong possibility just for the values) or we can home school (which we have discussed quite a bit).

No matter what we decide I am thrilled to know that I always have another learning opportunity for the girls through an educational center like Score.

Being able to help our children reach their full academic potential is very important to us. And with school over crowding and the US slipping further behind in over-all learning I will take all the help I can get. Especially if the girls feel about math the way I feel about math. I can definitely see a few Math Tutors in our future.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP