"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night... Or Not

>> Thursday, June 07, 2007

So we have this land in southern Missouri. It’s right on a tributary river that drains into Lake of the Ozarks. It’s beautiful land. But that’s all it is- land. No facilities, no running water, no electricity. Maybe someday we’ll develop it, but for now it is our rustic camp site.

Now, I actually enjoy camping and “roughing it” doesn’t bother me in the least. Unless I need to use the “facilities” at night. Because, as there are no “facilities”, I have to trek through the foliage, find a clear spot and (because I’m a girl) squat. That’s no fun when the sun is up. At night it is even less so. You just can’t hold a flashlight and toilet paper and wipe at the same time.

So I’m thinking some night vision equipment might be just what I need. I could strap on a pair of night vision goggles and be good to go. (No pun intended)

And maybe I could see that sneaky little raccoon before he swipes my toilet paper.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP