"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I Don't Want To

>> Thursday, June 07, 2007

Today is just one of those days that I don't want to be a mommy anymore. It's a thankless job that doesn't pay, has no benefits and seems to produce nothing.

And I don't care to hear about how lucky I am to get to stay home. Or how I am producing great kids. Or any of that other feel-good crap right now. Because right now I don't care.

I just want to go to my room- alone- and cry.

6 comments:

WILLIAM 3:20 PM  

I can't think of anything to say except...Hi

Fantastagirl 8:55 PM  

You needed to call Meritt - have her young one come over watch the kids, and then leave for a while. It's okay - all parents need a break - and you shouldn't have to explain, or justify why... just do it.

Unknown 10:31 PM  

CAN I COME TOO?

These 4 kiddos are driving me nuts tonight.

Jennifer 11:01 PM  

I hear ya!

Hugs

lila 8:34 AM  

I am crying with you Jodi--not for the same reasons but they say a good cry is healing for the soul.

Unknown 9:19 AM  

You need to read www.suburbanbliss.net - Mommy humor is needed.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it does get better. Before you know it they are all grown and they will be great people... because of you.

Cheri, another Iowa mom

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP