"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

It's Done

>> Saturday, June 16, 2007

Today was the big garage sale. I put the signs out shortly after 8; we were going to begin at 9am. As I was coming home and opening the garage to enter the house people started to pull up and stop. Oh, seriously! I told them that we weren't beginning until 9. No, I am not going to just let you have a look around. Sheesh.

When Jen got to my place at 8:30am, two cars pulled up behind her and stopped. By the time Holly arrived she had to park down the block quite a way. When we opened the garage at 8:45 there were a dozen people outside. Crazy.

But we all ended up doing well. The big stuff sold; so did a lot of stuff that we poked fun at Jarod & Amanda for bringing.

Now it's 8:15 and I am exhausted. I want a shower and sleep.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl 8:25 PM  

Glad it went well - I keep saying I need to have a garage sale, but I just don't see it happening...

cchuff 9:02 PM  

Good job!

*carrie* 10:14 AM  

Jody,

We had a garage sale on Saturday, too! Ours began at 8, and though the ad said "no early sales," we had people lining up at 7:40. I bet we sold half of our stuff in the first hour!

We also live in Iowa--I'll have to check out some of the blogs on your compiled list.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP