"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Wishes Don't Cost Much

>> Thursday, December 04, 2008

Earlier this week (or was it last week? I’ve lost track of the days) I added the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry banner to my blog. Normally I don’t wear my donations on my sleeve. There are a couple of charities I donate monthly to that I don’t mention. But this donation is special to me and I hope you will find that it is special to you, too.

There are thousands of kids here in the US that will celebrate the holidays without a parent who is somewhere in the world defending our freedoms. The Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry is a way for us to say “thanks” to them for the sacrifice they have made. Just read the wish lists sent in by the deployed parents and imagine it were you… Wouldn’t you want someone to give, even a tiny bit?

The top 10 wishes on the list aren’t even frivolous… Coats, pants, sweaters, shoes…

I’ve made my donation. (Note: donations are not tax deductible. All donations are totaled and given to participating families in the form of a Sears gift card.) I wish it could have been more, but I know that every bit adds up. I urge you to check out the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry and think, “What if it were my kids?”


Post?slot_id=27840&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP