"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I'm Wantin' Branson for Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Right now I’m wishing that Doug & I could talk our families into getting away for Christmas. Yes, I know I have a “rule” about spending Christmas at home… Kind of. The rule, as I have laid it out (and Doug has agreed, because he’s good like that) is that if we are home on Christmas we don’t leave town- so no heading off to relatives across the state. However, we have agreed that vacations during the Christmas holiday are permitted. And with the bitter weather we’ve had lately anyplace sounds better than here!

If we could only get our families to think like we do we might be able to work out a meet up in between Iowa and Texas. In, say, Branson. That’s in Missouri, for those of you who have never heard of it. Branson has become the entertainment capital of the Midwest with theaters lining the streets, shops filled with everything from kitsch to high end glitz and a water fountain in the town square (with lights and fire choreographed to music- it’s a rival to that one in Vegas).

Here’s my thought… Book a great package, like the Winter Escape Package at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, with a big, comfy room. Do some shopping, take the girls down to the pool and enjoy a lovely dinner onsite. Repeat daily. Oh, yeah, that would be nice…

Hiltonsocial-ad-300x400


I suppose I’ll work on that for next Christmas. I may even change my mind and decide I would rather stay at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel. They have a nice Mediterranean restaurant on site…


Post?slot_id=29653&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP