"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Nothing Like A Good Book

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And I received three today that look very good!

The Magician's Book
is the first on my list. C.S. Lewis fascinates me and I remember reading the Narnia Chronicles as a kid. We just watched the movies again the other night.

Second will be Be Strong and Curvaceous. This is the 3rd book in the All About Us series by Shelley Adina. It's a teen novel with a strong message of faith. I look forward to reading it.

And, finally, Love and Other Natural Disasters by Holly Shumas intrigued me when I read the summary: Eve is eight months pregnant and in the middle of a Thanksgiving celebration when she discovers that her husband Jonathan has developed an intimate relationship with a woman over the past year. Jonathon asserts his innocence (an affair involves physical intimacy, and he didn't have any), while Eve feels deeply betrayed by the emotional connection he shared with someone else. What Jon has done seems so terrifyingly out of character that Eve finds herself questioning her entire reality. Did she ever really know Jon at all? Was their happiness together a lie? Is emotional intimacy more forgivable than sexual intimacy? And can their marriage survive?

Now... to fit reading into my day! Be sure to watch for my reviews- and probably a couple of giveaways!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP