"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Visiting the Doctor

>> Tuesday, January 04, 2005

As I write this Brenna is napping, quite soundly, in her bouncy seat. We've had quite a tramatic morning.

For the past few days she has been fighting a cold which plugs her poor little nose. About 4am she woke up extra stuffy. The only way she could relax was cuddled against my chest, on her tummy, me leaning against the arm of the couch. We both slept sporadically after that. Not that I'm complaining- I'll cuddle with her as much as she'll put up with!

At 7:30 I woke her up to get ready for her 2 month "well baby" doctor visit. He checked her lungs- which are clear- and her temperature- not elevated- so she is fighting this cold very well.

She is 23 1/2 inches tall and 12 lb, 15 oz. These measurements both land her at about the 90th percentile. She must get her height from Doug... And since she's nursing exclusively I seem to be doing my part as well.

Three shots today. To put it mildly, Brenna didn't like them. The few of you that have met Brenna know how laid back and mellow she is. Nothing really upsets her. And if she does get upset it only lasts a moment. She doesn't even squeak when they take her temperature (and you know where they take it). So the blood-curdling screams that ripped from my child were absolutely heartbreaking. But I held it together. I didn't want to upset her more. It took about 10 minutes of cuddling before I could dress her and another 10 before I could put her in the carrier. She was asleep by the time we got to the car.

Speaking of sleeping, she's coming out of it. Fighting it, but waking slowly. And she'll be hungry. Oh, wait, make that dirty. She smiles so sweetly after she fills her diaper. It's mommy time.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP