"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sleep, glorious sleep! And the Black Market.

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Guess who slept through the night! Yep, Miss Brenna! Guess who didn't. Right again... Mommy! I woke up about 3:30am, in a panic, wondering why my child didn't wake me to eat. Did she cry & I slept through it? (Not bloody likely) Did I forget to turn the monitor on? (Nope, it was on) Is she OK? (Yep, I got up to make sure my child was breathing) Sigh. Now the big question: Was this a fluke or is it the beginning of a trend?

More crappy Iowa weather. Ice again today with another winter storm coming in. I think the weather gods are against my working out. Or Mother Nature telling me that I am just fine the way I am?

Actually I have to go out today. I have a package that needs to be sent. Today. You see, I have an eBay addiction. Not to buying, but to selling. And, since Doug & I combined 2 complete households you can bet that our basement is full of stuff to get rid of. Oh, the stuff people will buy.

Right now I'm in the black market of baby formula. When you have a baby you get samples and bushels of coupons for all types of formula. BIG coupons. LOTS of coupons. Coupons that you pay nothing for and can make 1/2 of the face value on. And since Brenna is exclusively nursing... Well, it can be a tidy little sum. Especially since the coupons have a tracking # on them. So when it's used the company thinks you are purchasing their product. So they send more coupons. So you can sell it for profit...so it gets used...so they send more... It's a vicious circle. TeeHee!

*** Update: We are sooo not leaving the house today. Our driveway is sheer ice. I'm sure the roads are just fine, it's the parking lots I'm worried about. If it were just me, no problem. But there is no way I am taking a chance with a baby in my arms. Looks like yoga in the basement...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP