"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sesame Street

>> Thursday, January 27, 2005

Brenna enjoys the colors and songs on Sesame Street so I make it a point to let her watch it for a bit every day. She seems to especially enjoy Cookie Monster. My personal favorite is Grover.

Now, it has been years since I have seen Sesame Street. Has it always been so witty? There was just a skit with Grover. He travels somewhere different every day and does a cute culture piece. Today he danced back from Russia. Here is what he said: "I am sure you are wondering why I danced all the way back from Russia. Why dance when you can take a taxi?" OK, I thought that was a riot.

I also noted that Bert is back. Last I knew Bert had been removed because of rumors that he & Ernie were gay. That was during the Rev. Jerry Falwell/ Tinky Winky hullabaloo. It makes me strangely happy to see Bert & Ernie together again.

It's also interesting to see that many of the same human characters are still there- only much older than I remember!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP