"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Friday Night

>> Friday, January 21, 2005

I can think of a couple of songs dedicated to Saturday night. Even one about it being 5 o'clock. But not one comes to mind about Friday. Racking my brain over this- shouldn't Jimmy Buffett have one?

Anyway, as the title suggests, it is Friday night. I have very recently gotten Miss Brenna to sleep. She didn't really nap all day and was quite put off about bedtime as well. She should sleep long & hard. I hope.

I have sent Doug out for the night with his friend, John. When I suggested it I was not aware that it is John's birthday. It may turn into a long night for my dear husband as he is not driving, but riding with John. And John can party.

As we were waiting for John to pick Doug up he made some comment about going out without me and I said, "Are you wearing your wedding ring?" He said he was. I said, "Just keep it on. Oh, wait, that may not make a difference. Did you read Yankee Bob's post?" He hadn't, so I had to give a brief synopsys of a woman trying to "pick up" a very married YB in the supermarket. (Yet another example of blogs seeping into every day conversations.)

So, here I sit, just myself and the ever faithful Toby. And there are so many things I should do: clean something. Anything. I'm a mom, it's a never-ending cycle. Write something. Anything. I've had a block this week. Organize something. Anything. Closets, pantry, drawers.

So what am I going to do? I am going to read. And not blogs, either. I am going to read a book. For pleasure. For a few hours. Curled up in a chair. **sigh** It will be wonderful.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP