"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Armed Self-Defense

>> Thursday, January 27, 2005

Some say that we shouldn't be able to use weapons to defend ourselves. I personally believe that defending myself and those I love is a basic human right.


Take this article from East Texas in an Arizona paper
Johnny Lee Williams murdered a 19 year old girl, stole her truck and tried to rob an East Texas RV park. An employee shot Johnny who then took off. He was later captured at a hospital.


And this one from Georgia.

When two men walked into a popular country store outside Atlanta, announced a holdup and fired a shot, owners Bobby Doster and Gloria Turner never hesitated. The pair pulled out their own pistols and opened fire.


See Clayton Cramer for more.

My Mom and my brother both live on ranches in East Texas. They have guns because rattlesnakes come on their porches and get in their garages. Mom has cattle, my brother has horses. Both have had coyotes come up to the fence separating the house lawn from the pasture land. Neither wear cowboy hats or boots.

Dad lives in a suburb of Dallas and does wear cowboy hats and boots. He doesn't own a gun though. If anyone were to come into his home, I'm sure a lead pipe or a baseball bat would be enough to defend their home. Dad backed down when a group of union stewards came after him with bats when he declined to join. He was just out of high school then and he hasn't backed down at much since. "I pity the fool..." that tries to take him on.

Me? Carrying a rifle was part of my life for 10 years, but I don't own a gun. Swords are more my thing. I told you I was a geek.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP