"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Encourage Your Girl Mogul

>> Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The opportunities for my daughters are limited only by what they want to do. It’s an amazing knowledge to have.

Oh, I know that every generation probably feels that way. I am sure that my mom envied the opportunities available to my sister and me.

Right now Brenna & Caelan are sitting at the Geek Computer (at the bar) clicking through the Sesame Street website. They both have their own computers (leftovers with limited capabilities) and they are both very comfortable operating the mouse and keyboard. Which just amazes me as I wasn't comfortable with a computer until I was,oh, 23...

Check out this t-shirt I found on Girl Mogul:

I saw that and remembered the time Brenna turned the view of my computer screen upside down with a couple of random keystrokes. Or the time Caelan managed to turn on Doug’s laptop and get online. They may not mean to hack your computer, but I’m pretty sure they could do it. They’ll be truly dangerous when they know what they are up to.


Girl Mogul is all about attitude and encouraging girls (of all ages) to follow their dreams. It’s a great site full of inspiration and fun. I really like their “Quotable Mogul” page. I think today’s quote really sums up the Girl Mogul idea:

“Whether you are talking about education, career or service, you are talking about life. And life must really have joy. It’s supposed to be fun.” Barbara Bush – Former First Lady


Go over and check out all the fun stuff for girls (and their moms, aunts and grandmothers) at Girl Mogul. See if it doesn't inspire you...


0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP