"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Baking Day

>> Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Baking day, it's baking day
Baking day, it's baking day
It's not yard leaf raking day
Today's the day we bake"


Ok, so if you have seen any Backyardigans you know where I got that little ditty from. Yep, it's sung to the tune of "Racing Day". (You can hear a snippet here. Nasty, catchy little tunes.)

On the docket today: chocolate chip banana muffins and Irish Brown Bread and maybe Irish Tea Cake.

The first because I have bananas that must be used. The second because my church is doing an International Dinner on Sunday. My small group chose Ireland (gee, I wonder who made that suggestion?) and I volunteered to make the bread and Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef. I realized earlier that we didn't have a dessert so I found the tea cake recipe.

So the girls and I are off to the kitchen for much of the day. If you plan to crash my baking party please be aware that it is also pajama day until about noon...

I am soooo becoming my mom...

1 comments:

Unknown 12:32 PM  

OK.

That is like my FAVORITE Backyardigans song.

Am I the only one who caught that?

I need to get out more.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP