"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Space for Rent?

>> Thursday, October 09, 2008

To promote its life changing journeys to New Zealand www.airnewzealand.com is holding a casting call in late October to select 30 people in the Los Angeles area to shave their heads, be tattooed and serve as cranial billboards. Like this:
325x425_baldcampaign
Now, I can think of someone who is perfect for this- and it’s not a guy. My girlfriend Gina is heavily tattooed, very adventurous and has had hairstyles ranging from very short dreadlocks to long and wavy. I’m pretty sure she would see this as a lark and find it funny. And she’s so beautiful it really wouldn’t affect her looks… She's a sculptor... Here she is with Brenna showing us a dinosaur skull at her project at the Minnesota Zoo.

I’ve not been to New Zealand – but I hope to go one day. I understand that the best way to see the country is to rent an RV and drive. Sounds great to me... But I’ve already had my life-changing trip. It was to Ireland in 2002.

I went alone. When you travel alone you are forced to meet people, to leave your comfort zone and to overcome any shyness you may have. I was free to wander as I wished, making plans on the fly and seeing what I wished when I wished.

Even though I knew I could travel to a foreign country (albeit one where English is spoken) alone, drive on the “wrong” side of the road and navigate a map without getting too lost there were those around me who had very serious doubts. And while I proved them wrong I also proved something to myself… That I know myself better than anyone else and that I can do whatever I put my mind to.

Post?slot_id=22406&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP