"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Disney For Christmas

>> Friday, October 10, 2008

Doug has visited Disney World a couple of times. Me… Nope. And, quite honestly, I really figured I could go my entire life without it. I had no interest. I’m not really an amusement park person…

And then I had kids. And then I saw the episode on the Travel Channel about the great Christmas celebrations at the home of The Mouse. And then my cousin’s wife (who is probably about the luckiest person I know) won 3 years worth of Disney Resort vacations. Now I want to go. For Christmas. Before the girls are too old to miss the wonder of it all but are not so young that they can’t enjoy it.

So I’m thinking it will have to happen in the next year or two. Probably 2010. Of course that doesn’t stop me from planning now. Because you gotta have reservations for some of the really cool stuff. Like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Cinderella’s Castle. Or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party… And Doug really wants to take us all through Epcot as it was his favorite – and they have a Holidays Around the World event that looks great. And then there’s Downtown Disney- a place for Doug & I to go for a nice evening out while the girls are entertained by whatever grandparent we can get to accompany us. (Probably my mom… She’s always up for adventure.)

Of course I’m frugal so if we want to do all kinds of “special” things you know I’m looking for the best deal on everything else. In my searching I found that OrlandoFunTickets.com has discount disney tickets including “Your Way” tickets and “Park Hopper” tickets that get you in to the four main parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.

Oh, yeah, all the people I talk to say “start planning early”… And I can totally see why. With so many options it will probably take me two years to plan the perfect (affordable) vacation!

1 comments:

The Fritz Facts 12:44 PM  

That is our dream spot, and I don't know when it will happen...but it will happen.

A friend of mine recently paid for her entire trip in cash, and said it was worth all the extra time searching for deals.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP