"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Do Any of Your Honey Do Lists Involve Furniture?

>> Monday, November 17, 2008

Doug and I have long term plans for our home. We plan to be here until Caelan leaves for college… So we have another 16 years here.

The largest plan we have is to build a four season porch where our deck currently is (it has a drop to a cement patio that freaks me out) and build our deck off the porch in some “dead space” around the corner of the house (where it will be safer for everyone). Under the new porch will be an extension of our office- a craft room/office for me!

Of course both of those rooms will require new Home Furniture so I’m keeping my eyes open for websites that carry styles I like and have prices I’m willing to pay. It never hurts to plan ahead.

A smaller project involves our half bath. It was supposed to be re-done as an anniversary gift to ourselves but when we found out it would have to have some flooring done it exceeded our budget and had to be put on the back burner. So now I have time to change my mind and continue looking at fancy Bathroom Vanities.

And, after our party this weekend, I thought about how nice it would be to have “real”Dining Room Furniture, not the old table we used to have in our kitchen.

And then there’s the spare bedroom that will need to be moved to my workout room when Brenna is 10 or so… And the redo of the master bath… And the carpets that need replaced with wood floors.

Honestly, it’s a good thing we’ll be here so long! It will take 16 years to complete all these projects!

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP