"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Twas the Night Before Christmas

>> Friday, December 24, 2004

If I had any creativity left in me I would create a lovely poem for your enjoyment. I, however, have spent much of the day cleaning the house in preparation for the guests we will have this next week. I'm also fighting a head cold.

We watched "Miracle on 34th Street" this evening. I had actually never seen it before. Shocking, I know. How did I live this long and miss out on such a Christmas tradition?

Tomorrow my brother and his little family fly in from DC. Justin serves in the the National Guard. He served in Baghdad and is finishing his tour in DC. We miss having him here but are happy he is able to have his wife and son with him now. His son was born 4 days before he shipped to Iraq, so he missed those first amazing months.

Our day tomorrow will begin late as I'm sure Doug will want to sleep in. I won't mind that, either. We'll get up, help Miss Brenna open her gifts and I'll make pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. Yummy.

Tomorrow evening is my family Christmas. Everyone will converge upon my sister and brother-in-law's house for food & merriment. Our contributions to the meal will be a Spicy Shrimp Fondue, a shrimp coctail platter, green bean cassarole and mulled cider with cranberry wine.

After dinner will be gift opening and mass chaos. Great fun to be had by all!

So, just in case I don't check in tomorrow, Merry Christmas to all! (Even you PC Happy Holidays people).

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP