"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Happy Holidays

>> Sunday, December 19, 2004

It is officially the end of the first busy weekend of my holiday season. Two more to go.

Thursday Doug emailed me the "reminder" about the FMH bake sale. Funny, I don't recall receiving the initial notice. Doug swears he didn't get one. Since he's good at making sure I get these notices I suppose I will believe him. This time.

So I asked how impressed he wanted his co-workers to be. I received a smirk as a reply. So I decided to make Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread (2 loaves), Santa Cookies, and Lemon Pound Cakes (6 mini loaves).

Friday we had carpet laid in our basement. Yippee!! We will get to use it again! We haven't had full use of our basement since spring. We were gone for about a week- at that time we received so much rain that our basement flooded. It was a lovely homecoming. But now we have our entertainment room back in service and almost ready for New Year's. I only have to make a couple of curtains and chair covers.

Saturday morning I began baking. The pull-apart loaves went well. The Santa cookies, ummm, not as well. To be exact, the cookies went quite well, the decorating.. not so much. The frosting didn't set up as well as I would have liked which made the decorating difficult. And the Lemon Pound Cakes? I ran out of butter, they had to be postponed. Which turned out to be a good thing as Miss Brenna decided to be fussy.

And today. Today we went to my grandparent's house for the big family Christmas. Lots of people. Aunts, uncles, cousins, husbands, wives, significant others and all the children thereof. Complete insanity. Brenna, of course, was the most popular person there. I had to fight to hold her for present opening.

And when we got home I made a trip to the grocery store, got my butter and finished my baking.

Now I'm gonna cuddle my baby and relax. And have some lemon pound cake- I broke one. It wasn't on purpose. Really.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP