"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

What can I do?

>> Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Well, Ive been home from the hospital for 5 days. 5 long days. Because of the c-section I am not allowed to do much. No laundry. No vacuuming. Limited time in the kitchen. No going up and down stairs multiple times.

So far I haven't been doing so well. I've cheated on the laundry- instead of lifting the basket I kick or drag it. I've got the Roomba so I can vacuum, but the kitchen rug is driving me crazy as the Roomba doesn't do well on it. My mom made quite a few dishes and put them in the freezer for us but I have a HUGE desire to bake. We have a 2 level (plus a basement) home so I spend half the day upstairs doing what I can and then move downstairs to do what I can. Which isn't much.

Not that I'm complaining. I've got the most beautiful daughter- did you see her election day outfit? She keeps me busy. I'm breastfeeding and that is finally going well. Thank god. I was beginning to lose hope. Felt like my nipples were going to fall off. We've also developed a ritual. After her 4am feeding I bring Brenna into our room so daddy can see her first thing when he wakes up.

Brenna is becoming more alert every day, mostly late at night. We really have to change that. Brenna joined Doug & I in watching the election results last night. I don't think she was very impressed. Daddy & I, of course, are thrilled.

4 comments:

Bou 8:50 PM  

If you have any questions on breastfeeding, e-mail me, or e-mail me and I'll give you my phone number. I've done it three times. I don't offer unsolicited advice except stay away from the following foods: garlic, onion, brocolli, cabbage, soy sauce, tomato sauce. We all make the mistake once... then we never do it again! :)

I'm SOOOO happy for you!

Amanda B. 10:23 AM  

Oh my dear Lord God Jesus help me please! Please don't start talk about breastfeeding or mysteries of the woman's body. I already have to endure cervixes and dialation and crowning and afterbirth and breaking water duting lunchtime. Do you know how hard it is to eat a pizza while listening to this kind of discussion? It's not easy. If you make this a breastfeeding forum that leaves me with no out. I'm screwed, cornered, nowhere to go.

Actually, I'm just playing around, I love my sister, and am glad she is doing so well. BTW, I've heard during some past dinner conversations, you should stay away from asparagus, onion, garlic, pickles, and guys named Guido.

I'm Jarod and I approve this message.

Angela 12:45 PM  

I finished breastfeeding Fiona when she was about nine months old. It just sorta happened. If you would like to know how I stopped without having to endure any pain whatsoever just shoot me an e-mail. My e-mail address is on the front of my blog.

Oh - I've been meaning to ask you guys if you could change "Yoshi's Blog Spot" to "Angela's Right to Free Speech."

Thanks.. :)

Doug H 12:46 PM  

Whew, it's a good thing my name is Doug!

That was a close one.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP