"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Living on Brenna Time

>> Monday, November 15, 2004

Miss Brenna has some internal way of knowing when I am on the computer. Mere moments after I sit down she will wake up, desperate for my attention. Today has been no exception. Four times I have tried to sit down to answer emails & catch up on my favorite blogs (see the sidebar). Currently I am trying to balance my laptop on my knees while Brenna rests comfortably on my lap, head nestled on my chest. This is precarious, and far from comfortable. But I was noticing that our blog hasn't been updated for days. That's practically unheard of.

Doug has been out of town since Thursday evening. He returns late tonight. Assuming, of course, that he can get out of Chicago. Flying through Chicago is the worst. They have the highest rate of delayed flights. The past few times I have flown through Chicago I have been delayed- mostly due to weather. Why one of the busiest airports in the country is located next to a lake that seems to create it's own weather pattern is beyond me.

And, on the subject of airports, I am going to vent about the one we have here in Des Moines. It is called the Des Moines International Airport. A very misleading name. It should be called the Des Moines 5 State Airport- because you can really only go 5 places from here: Minneapolis, Denver, St. Louis, Chicago and Dallas. From there you can catch a flight to your actual destination. Aggrivating, to say the least.

But I digress. Doug was out of town this weekend so, timing being everything, it was the weekend his mother and step-father were able to make it up from Dallas to see the lovely granddaughter. Unfortunately they weren't able to stay long enough to see Doug.

I have so much that needs to be done. It is amazing how much I rely on Doug to be here in the evenings to help with Brenna. Right now I wondering if washing the sheets was a good idea. I hope I can get the bed made before he gets home....

5 comments:

Wendy 7:28 PM  

My kidlets were 14 months apart. When my youngest was an infant, a baby sling saved my sanity. I could actually move around the house with both hands free and get things accomplished, and she was happy as a clam all snuggled up against mom.

Good luck to ya

Me 10:52 PM  

Don't worry Jody... hug that little one close and let the sheets go unwashed. They grow soooo quickly.

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
hang out the washing and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Lars 8:31 AM  

This is what I've heard, but the reason it's DSM International is because it has ONE UPS plane that flies to CANADA! Is this true? Does anyone know?

SO funny you should mention our airport here in DSM. We JUST got tickets to go to WA this Christmas (well, actually Dec 31-Jan 8) and we're not even flying out of DSM, it was cheaper and a direct flight from MNPLS so we're going to drive up there (well, my dad is driving us so we don't have to park long term) and taking a nice easy 3 hour direct flight from there.

Bou 9:59 PM  

The LaLeche league has a really nice sling. I lived by that with my 3rd and wish I'd had it with my first two.

Babies are so yummy!

Jerry 3:04 PM  

How true that babies don't keep...

The little guy is 6 and a half, almost... and every day he changes. Yet he's still my little Boo, the guy I rocked and changed and fed in the middle of the night, took to Home Depot and Lowes.. even though he no longer fits nicely in the crook of my arm.

J.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP