"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

John Constable

>> Saturday, November 06, 2004

Jody took me to London in May, 2003. We loved it there. We are still in contact with Mike, the MET police officer who gave us the most amazing tour of Parliament. Jody has been teasing me with the latest rates to London, $300 will get you airfare and 6 nights in a hotel. She has also been checking out bed and breakfast establishments in Ireland. It seems that Irish BnB's like having babies as guests, unlike many in the US. We'll see how well Brenna travels next year...

Every day in London was great and tonight I was going through the book we got from our visit to the National Gallery.

Here's a few from one of many of my favorite artists, John Constable:



The Hay Wain


The Cornfield


Stratford Mill


Salisbury Cathedral

2 comments:

Me 7:55 AM  

How wonderful... I'll have to pick your brain before we go. :) I've had 3 'almost' trips to London all dashed by my husbands work schedule and transfers or my brother backing out at the last second due to fundage issues.

My dream trip to Ireland also dashed due to my husbands scheduling and transfers for the last four-five years. (Grrr) Ireland is my dream-vacation. London is my daughters dream-vacation.

I WILL GET THERE.
Have passport. Will travel.

:)

Jody 10:16 AM  

I actually got sick of my plans hinging on other people so I went to Ireland alone in the fall of 2002. Best 8 days of my life. I had a car, a map & a book of B&Bs. The weather hung around 50-60 degrees. Rain would move through but never stay too long. The people are as friendly as is rumored, and the verdant landscape begs for you to explore. It’s just amazing.

London was a whim. I found a great deal- it was under $500 each for air and hotel for 6 nights/7days. We got tube passes and before we left I purchased tickets to “My Fair Lady” at Drury Lane. You ain’t seen theatre til you’ve seen theatre in London. We did all the touristy things, visited the Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Gallery. Got a private tour of Parliament- it’s a great story, but too long to share here. Did some shopping- had to go to Harrod’s. We didn’t do Westminster Abbey as the queue was too long. Wonderful.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP