"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

It's 2009... What Are You Gonna Do About It?

>> Thursday, January 01, 2009

After staying up well past my bedtime last night... Along with Brenna who made to see the New Year roll in... And Caelan who woke up slightly after it arrived... I forgot to turn off the alarm on my phone. So, after 5 hours of sleep, I am awake. I foresee a nap in my future.

I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions as I never keep them. In fact, I very quickly forget I even made them. So, no resolutions this year. I do, however, have a goal. I am going to read my Bible this year. The. Whole. Thing.

Last year I picked up The Bare Bones Bible® Handbook: 10 Minutes to Understanding Each Book of the Bible when it was a doorbuster at Family Christian Store. I'm kind of in awe of people who can pull Bible passages from their head. Maybe this will get me one step closer...

I liked this book first for the easy to understand overviews of each book of the Bible. As I was perusing it and saw the study guide in the back I decided to wait and begin it on the New Year.


I'm pretty excited about this goal. I just have to fit it into my schedule... Somewhere... Surely God can help me find 15 minutes a day...

1 comments:

Anonymous 12:54 AM  

This looks like a great way to do some Bible study. I'm adding it to my book list to get. Thanks!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP