"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

So, How Have You Been?

>> Sunday, March 04, 2007

I've had the blahs. The blahs that would, if I didn't have two young'uns, a husband and a big dog to care for, make me crawl in bed for days to sleep, eat chocolate and watch Law & Order reruns.

What brought that on, you ask? I'm gonna blame the weather. You see, a little over a week ago I was wearing spring-y clothing, taking the girls outside to walk every day and enjoying the sun. It was glorious. Then, last Saturday, a blast of winter weather blew in. Snow coated ice. Icky, icky, icky. We got that cleaned up and then the blizzard warning appeared. We didn't get hit as badly as the meterologists said we might but it was bad enough.

So, long story short, no sun for a week and cold, cold, cold weather. My body was preparing for spring and I think the jolt of winter sent me into hibernation mode. It wasn't a pretty sight.

But the sun has returned. Yesterday Brenna and I were standing in the big south facing windows, throwing back our arms and yelling "SUN!!" Caelan celebrated by rolling over for the first time.

2 comments:

Jennifer 7:08 PM  

Yep the weather has been pretty crappy here too. Hope you get out and about and enjoy some fresh air soon.

Rolling over!!! goodness they grow so fast don't they! Congratulations Caelan :)

Tamara B 4:39 PM  

this CA native is quite stir crazy and ready for warm weather too! I want to plant my garden (so I can watch the weeds take over later).

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP