"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The End Is Near

>> Monday, September 19, 2005

The Rock Star: INXS finale is Tuesday. Here's my breakdown:

JD: I still can't like this guy. He just seems to me like he's playing a game, you can never tell when you are getting the "real" guy. Is the real JD the schemer from the beginning of the season or the laid back singer we see now? Has he learned to play well with others? I just don't think so. Although he pulled out a good showing at the song writing clinic I think that him showing up without fully formed ideas may have hurt his chances. I think INXS still has doubts about him. It looks like he has chosen "You Can't Always Get What You Want" for his final song. Hmmm...

Marty: Wow, has he become impressive. It really looks to me like he is favored to win. I'm not sure if it will be a wise move- for him. INXS is obviously impressed by him, quite rightly. But I hear the music he writes and the music he gravitates toward and I just think he is too alternative for this band. Is there room for the "scary conductor"? Or the Marty who screams the lyrics? Marty also has very distinct ideas about the future of INXS. How would he react if those weren't followed? He chose "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd as his final song. He did that one just a few weeks ago. I understand that he chose it because it earned him accolades; I just wonder if he shouldn't have chosen something he hasn't done, something that might show INXS another side of him. And, in my opinion, if he were going to do a song he had already done "Hit Me Baby One More Time" was far more impressive to me.

MiG: Obviously a fan favorite, he was not in the bottom 3 until last week. And I think he only ended up there because INXS hinted so heavily that he needed to be. Otherwise I think he could have gone the entire show without being there. I honestly think that if it were up to the fans MiG would be the new lead singer. Well, he would if it were up to me. He has a great voice, plays well with others and can take constructive criticism. He is also the only one of the group who is well rehearsed at playing in front of thousands of people and performing night after night after night. His "I'm a really nice guy" persona gets mentioned a lot and that may be his downfall. Or it may be his saving grace. This gig is only good for one album and one tour. If you prove to be a problem the band can cut you... Hmmm... something for JD & Marty to think about. It appears that MiG has chosen "Bohemian Rhapsody" for his final song. It's something he would know well, having been the lead in "We Will Rock You", but I wonder if it is really what he will perform. That seemed to have been left hanging.

Tuesday night, 9pm, CBS. I'll TiVo it and start watching about 20 minutes in. That way I can skip commercials but still catch the end when everyone else does.

Any other thoughts out there?

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP