"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

$2.99 a gallon

>> Thursday, September 01, 2005

I Just. Can't. Do. It.

I cannot bring myself to take the Explorer to the gas station and fill it. I'm guessing it will be close to $70. Luckily anything I might really need to do is within biking distance. Brenna and I biked to the post office this morning, then over to Jen's. The grocery store is only a couple of blocks farther. And with the trailer Brenna rides in I have plenty of room to tote stuff along.

I actually cancelled our weekend plans. To just drive, stay in a hotel & put Toby in a kennel it was going to cost almost $300. And that didn't include food, shopping or any kind of fun! YIKES!

Is this what it will take for us (Americans) to realize what most of Europe knows? Trains... Light rail... Small cars... No semis... More bicycles... Motorcycles... Mopeds...

When we were in London 2 1/2 years ago Smart cars were everywhere. I think we may just now be getting them in the US. And, honestly, I would almost be afraid to drive them here. You would need an orange safety flag just to be seen.

What about ethanol? It has been available for years. Why hasn't more been done with it, and other alternative fuels? Hmmm, maybe because the oil companies block every move?

Bastards.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP