"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Go Ahead, Let It Out

>> Thursday, August 30, 2007

I’ve always been a big fan of journaling. Of course, when I began it was a “Dear Diary” kind of thing. It then progressed into a place to keep my secrets, my wishes and what boy I liked. I did stop for a while when my mom read my diary and found out that I had tried pot. (I remember to this day what I wrote: “I smoked pot today. I didn’t feel any different. I don’t get it”) She was angry and I felt violated.

I actually didn’t journal again until I was out of the house. I had a rotten boyfriend and needed a place to empty all the pain. I still have those journals. It makes me sad to see how I allowed myself to be treated. But it’s also empowering to know that I was able to overcome some really bad stuff.

I was really good at journaling until I began blogging. Why write in two places? Except that there are things that you just don’t pour out to a blog. Too many people we know (like family) read it. I try to journal my prayers now. It makes me think and keeps me from falling asleep while praying at night.

Journaling has helped me through a lot of transitions. Moving, job choices, bad boyfriends, good boyfriend (now great husband), babies… The only problem with pen and paper is seeing your progress.

Now there is MyTerapyJournal.com. It’s interactive, allowing you to save your entries or share them, if you wish, and add photos. You can also track your progress, if you are working toward a goal, by using their Personal Progress graph.


This is a great alternative to pen and paper journaling and you can get a free 14 day trial now to see if MyTherapyJournal.com is right for you. To visit MyTherapyJournal.com, please click here >

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP