"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fab Food Friday

>> Friday, August 03, 2007

A couple of days ago I told you that I finally began using the monster zucchini:


So today I bring you Chocolate Zucchini Cake:


Recipe from Meritt's An American Housewife blog. Where I see other zucchini recipes. And since I still have zucchini you may see more appearing here...

Recipe will make one large bundt or two loaves.


1 3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 c vegetable oil
2 c shredded zucchini
1 T vanilla
3 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1 1/4 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
dash baking powder
1/2 c mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a bundt pan. In a bowl mix together the sugar, eggs and oil until blended. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, soda, cinnamon and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until blended. Add the mini chocolate chips. Pour into pan and bake 1 hour until done. Cool completely and drizzle with chocolate frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

I actually doubled the recipe and made a bundt, a "baby" bundt and a loaf. Doug took the bundt to work where it was extinguished almost immediately. The girls love it and my nephews, very picky eaters, love it. It's moist and chocolately. Mmmmm....

1 comments:

Jill 2:02 PM  

I've been reading about zucchini on some other blogs, too. This cake looks so good. I'm going to save the recipe and see if I can find some zucchini around here.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP