"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

For Our Soldiers

>> Monday, January 15, 2007

My blog friend Katy sent me an email a couple of weeks ago and I have been meaning to post it and ask for any help our blog friends can provide.

Here is her email:

My husband and I were talking today via the computer. The MWR center he goes to has 15 computers and only 2 web cams. My husband has bought his own so the kids and I can see him on a regular basis, but the other guys....it is just hit or miss. I am hoping for a little help. I am hoping to either give you an address you could personally send web cams to...wether new or old or some ideas on how to raise the money to get these guys a web cam for each computer. I know what it does for the kids and I to be able to see Daddy and keep him fresh in the little ones minds. It also does wonders for him to see we are still here waiting for him. Please if anyone has any ideas or would like to help, please let me know.
Thanks so much for your consideration,
Katy


Anyone want to help? I would love to be able to send a few webcams over. I know that when my brother was gone the emails and phone calls were great but it would have been so nice to see his face.

How can you help? Well, here are some options:
You can get a webcam for about $20. If you want to use Amazon I have search link below on the left side of the blog. If you want to buy one and send it to me I will send it on.
If you want to donate money for this cause I guarantee that every penny will be used for this cause. I have a PayPal account with the email JLHalsted(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Spread the word. Those visitors of mine who are so popular- you know who you are- give me a little link action.

Any help is so appreciated!

4 comments:

Fantastagirl 9:00 PM  

I'll see what we can do for our guys!

Anonymous 7:01 PM  

Not that many readers, but I put out a post...

http://onehappydogspeaks.mu.nu/archives/211888.php

Kelsgarden 10:12 PM  

I linked my (very few) readers to this post - hopefully this will help!

Also, I have a webcam (gift, never used) and I emailed Merrit that I can mail - she has my direct contact info -

GREAT idea!

lila 7:30 AM  

Great Idea Jodi--I will link and see what I can do to add at least one web cam.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP