"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Our Busy Morning

>> Wednesday, May 03, 2006

** NOTE: I have been trying to post this since around noon. Blogger was having a bad day, I guess.**

Brenna had her 18 month well baby visit today. She is "average" yet again. 24lbs, 15oz; 32 1/4 inches tall. Yep, just your regular, average, healthy 18 month old. The doctor asked about her appetite (she loves fruits & veggies and eats everything we give her), how many words she knows (hmmm, apple, up, down, yes, no, puppy, kitty, duck, fish, cereal, baby, thank you... and she counts to 3- sometimes 5- ala Sesame Street's Count It Higher. Seriously, go see the video if you don't remember it. Brenna has the high parts down. OK, I had it search Sesame Street and got loads of classic "Street". My fave? The King of Eight. )

We then visited the library so I could get a book. Our local library has a wonderful kid's area with a wooden train, crayons and pictures to color and a large wooden block with moving pieces (I really don't know what this is called but you've all seen them). We stayed there for a while to kill some time until...

Doug's TV interview. Yep, The Iowa Geek himself will be on the local news (Channel 13, WHO) talking about, well, himself and why he is running for senate. The beautiful Brenna has a cameo (hopefully they won't edit her out, she was very cute). We were told that the segment will air on Saturday between 8 & 10 -probably at the top of the hour- and again on Monday's noon news. It should also appear on the WHO website Saturday, Sunday & Monday. When I find the link I will post it.

Otherwise the day has been spent trying to catch up on things I haven't had time to get done... and there are too many to list here. Let me just say that cleaning my bathroom is one of them and I'm not sure I'll get to it today. If anyone feels like volunteering on this campaign just say the word- I'd love to be a housewife again. Did I just say that I wanted to clean my toilet? Yikes!

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP